Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Little Summeriness For Ya...

Okay, I doubt that "summeriness" is a real word but it is to me...so there!  I couldn't think of a better word to describe my newest rag quilt with all it's brightness and juiciness going on.  I am going to add the suffix -ness to all of my words from this point so bear with my...silliness! :-)  Alright, I'll stop but seriously, I LOVE this quilt.  It makes me smile... 

Introducing the Sweet Summer Orchard Baby Rag Quilt:











So, now that I am done with my goofiness (yep, had to add that one in), I hope that you are all having a FANTASTIC Memorial Day Weekend!

6 comments:

Dolly said...

Your 'rags' are THE MOST LUSCIOUS !
I would never have thought of using the minky for a rag back !
Do you use any batting at all?

Mary Carole said...

Ahh...you are so kind! I just use a layer of flannel which makes it the PERFECT weight for a blanket. And yes, the minky adds such a fantastic twist to the traditional rag quilt. Plus, it's super soft! :-) Thank you for your sweet comment!

~ MC

mizzshelley said...

omg. this quilt makes my mouth water :)

Kristopher K said...

This new rag quilt is "fabulousness" - lol - btw I agree "summeriness" is the perfect word to describe your beautiful new quilt - Cheers Kris :)

Mary Carole said...

hahaha...Kris, "fablousness" - love it!;-)

Geta Grama said...

It's a fantastic quilt ! It makes me smile !