Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Sweet Country Girl in the City Rag Quilt Lovey Blankie

So lately I have been feeling pretty creative but there's a little problem with that, I get so excited about all the different things that I want to make that I start working on all of them simultaneously and then feel like I don't get anything done in the end! I had posted a while back that I was going to make a quilt with the Simplicity fabric from Moda. Well, I got all of the many, many squares cut as well as all the extra squares that I had decided I was going to make rag quilt loveys out of and then I got bored...that tends to happen A LOT with me. Between continuous interuptions from my sweet little ones (which I really don't mind because they sure are super cute) and my creative mind ALWAYS brain storming my next project(s), I tend to get sidetracked.

I got so disappointed with myself for not getting anything completed that I decided then and there that I was going to at least finish up a few of the loveys from the Simplicity fabric which I have titled THE COUNTRY GIRL IN THE CITY collection, naming each item with a different adjective that seemed to describe it best. I now feel like I have accomplished SOMETHING and I have SOOO much more to do! Of course, I am taking a month off for "vacation" so I will not be working on any of it until after I am done with my break! Go figure, I get all these fantastic ideas right before I take a much needed break from it all! Hey, summer is only here for so long and the kids will only be "kids" for a very limited time so I am going to take a full month to just enjoy being a family! All I know is that once we are back to our regular routine...watch out world cause I've got some REALLY exciting things coming up! Woohoo!

Oh yeah, back to my original subject...I just added the "Sweet", "Lovely" and "Happy" Country Girl in the City Rag Quilt Loveys to my Etsy store. If you are interested in checking out my little store, you can visit it @ www.LaDolceBoutique.etsy.com I will have it up for one more week before I take my LONG month breather! Yippie!

I hope that all of you have a WONDERFUL Weekend!

~ MaryCarole

4 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

You did such a beautiful job on this piece! I love the style and charm. =)

Mary Carole said...

Well, thank you so much! :-)

Jeanne Oliver said...

Your pieces are beautiful!!!

Mary Carole said...

Thank you Jeanneoli! I really do love making them! :-)